Tree of Life Bread Warmer
Have you ever used natural technology to keep your baking warm?
Terracotta is naturally insulating, and has the ability to conduct heat slowly. As a result, it stays warm for quite a long time! Here, a terracotta plate has been engraved with a flowing tree of life design, and cut to fit neatly into a round basket. The basket itself has been hand woven from locally sourced and sustainably grown hogla grass, found by river banks in Bangladesh.
All you do is place the terracotta disc in the oven for a few minutes to heat up and then return it to the basket. Rest your freshly baked bread, scones, muffins, or anything you like on top and it’ll keep them as warm and soft as the moment they were removed from the oven. Full instructions are included!
This product is produced by...
Hundreds of families in Bangladesh rely on jute for a steady income. CORR – The Jute Works was set up in 1973 as a charitable trust, providing women weavers with the training and skills needed to make locally-grown jute products in the safety and comfort of their own homes.
- H9 x Dia. 25cm
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4/180°C/350°F
- Place the terracotta plate inside the hot oven for 5-10 minutes
- Remove the terracotta plate from the oven using oven gloves and place inside the basket
- Drape a clean tea towel over the bread warmer and up the sides of the basket
- Lay the bread in the basket on top of the tea towel. Cover the bread with the tea towel