Welcome to the delicious world of Divine Chocolate! Lovingly made with skilfully harvested cocoa beans from Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of vibrant smallholder farmers in Ghana, it's heavenly fair trade chocolate and hot cocoa with a heart.
Divine is quite special, in that it’s the only Fairtrade certified chocolate company which is 20% owned by the cocoa farmers themselves. Whilst fair trade values mean that the farmers receive a better deal for their sought after cocoa, this part ownership of the company gives farmers a share of the profits too, as well as a stronger voice in the cocoa industry worldwide.
Products by Divine Chocolate
Items 1-15 of 50
- Divine Dark Chocolate Orange Thins (200g)As low as £3.20 £2.67
- Divine 34% Milk Chocolate with Almond & Salted Caramel (90g)Special Price £1.91 £1.59 Regular Price £2.29
- Divine 34% Milk Chocolate with Almond & Salted Caramel Display Box (15 x 90g)Special Price £25.80 £21.50 Regular Price £29.70
- Divine 60% Dark Chocolate with Pretzel & Caramel (90g)Special Price £1.91 £1.59 Regular Price £2.29
- Divine 60% Dark Chocolate with Pretzel & Caramel Display Box (15 x 90g)Special Price £25.80 £21.50 Regular Price £29.70
- Divine 70% Dark Chocolate (35g)£1.10 £0.92
- Divine 70% Dark Chocolate Display Box (30x35g)£29.70 £24.75
- Divine 70% Dark Chocolate Hearts (12 x 80g) CASESpecial Price £34.56 £28.80 Regular Price £43.20Out of stock
- Divine 70% Dark Chocolate Hearts 80gSpecial Price £3.20 £2.67 Regular Price £4.00Out of stock
- Divine Cappuccino Chocolate (35g)£1.10 £0.92
- Divine Cappuccino Chocolate Display Box (30x35g)£29.70 £24.75
- Divine Caramel Dark Chocolate (35g)Special Price £0.88 £0.73 Regular Price £1.10
- Divine Caramel Dark Chocolate Display Box (30x35g)Special Price £23.76 £19.80 Regular Price £29.70Out of stock
- Divine Chocolate Tasting Set (180g)Out of stock
- Divine Cocoa (125g)As low as £2.75 £2.75
We think chocolate just tastes better when it's fair trade - and the Divine range of fair trade chocolate and cocoa is hard to beat. Each irresistible bar of milk, white and dark chocolate is made with fairly traded and sustainable cocoa from Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of Ghanaian farmers who own a 20% stake in the Divine Chocolate company itself. That's why it's 'Heavenly Chocolate With a Heart'!
The Story of Divine Fair Trade Chocolate
Divine Chocolate's vision is to grow a global farmer-owned fair trade chocolate company, using the amazing power of chocolate to bring people around the world together, empowering both producers and consumers alike.
Kuapa Kokoo, which translates as 'Good Cocoa Farmer', was set up by farmers, for farmers in Ghana in 1993. They were determined to keep the farmers' needs at the heart of the company, and build a solid reputation for producing the best quality cocoa there could be – the best of the best, or as the members would say, 'Pa Pa Paa!'
In 1997 the members decided to use their cocoa knowledge to create their own company, with a view to selling their own brand of chocolate in Europe and America. In 1998, Kuapa Kokoo joined with the Fairtrade NGO Twin Trading and the Body Shop, and with a little support from Christian Aid and Comic Relief, they formed the Day Chocolate Company in the UK. It wasn't long before Divine embraced their nature as 'A Heavenly Chocolate with a Heart', and the Divine Chocolate Company that we know and love today was born.
In their partnership with Divine, Kuapa Kokoo receives a fair trade income for their cocoa, an additional premium which they use to improve local health and education standards, 44% of distributed profit, and 2% of Divine's turnover, in the form of the Divine Producer Support & Development Fund. This is used directly for projects which focus on empowering women, researching best farming practice, and maintaining Kuapa Kokoo's strong co-operative values for the members..
At Traidcraft, you can find an irresistible range of Divine fair trade chocolate bars to buy online, as well as their fine cocoa powder that's perfect for baking or making a hot chocolate to snuggle up with. From creamy milk chocolate and white chocolate, to rich dark chocolate and speciality flavoured chocolate bars, there's a fairer bar for every taste! Know someone who would love Divine fair trade chocolate too? Take a look at our range of fair trade food gifts to find chocolate gift ideas they'll adore.