Delivery & Returns
How much does p&p cost?
Standard delivery to any UK mainland and Northern Ireland address is £4.95 on orders up to £49.99 and free on orders of £50 and over.
For Fairtraders, standard delivery is £4.95 on orders up to £49.99 and free on orders over £50 at discounted prices. Express and Next Day Delivery is £7.50
For Retail customers, standard delivery is £15 (including VAT) for orders under £99.99 and free on orders over £100 at discounted prices ex vat. Express and Next Day Delivery is free on orders over £350.
How long will I need to wait to receive my parcel?
Our carriers are DPD & Royal Mail. DPD are used to for heavier parcels, with smaller/lighter parcels Royal Mail sent via Royal Mail.
Orders placed by 2pm take up to 5 workings days when sent with DPD & up to 5 working days when sent with Royal Mail. (please allow an extra day when this includes a Bank Holiday)
If your order is shipped via DPD, they will send you an email and SMS when your order is despatched, and on the morning of your delivery. If you'd like to recieve an SMS notification, head to your account to check your mobile phone number is up to date.
With DPD, you will be able to track your delivery from when it leaves Traidcraft and will also benefit from a one-hour delivery window. DPD also provide the option of amending your delivery date or adding delivery instructions, full instructions will be provided via the email or SMS notification.
We can offer express delivery for those occasions when you need your order sooner, this costs £7.50 and ensures next working day delivery to most UK mainland addresses Monday - Friday for orders placed before 10am. Unfortunately, express delivery cannot be guaranteed in certain areas, these include Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
Please note all deliveries (standard & express) are Monday to Friday. (Please allow an extra day when this includes Bank Holiday). Saturday deliveries are available when DPD are the carrier however this must be arranged with DPD directly following despatch from Traidcraft.
Where do you deliver to?
Sadly, we’re unable to deliver to anywhere outside of the UK, such as the Channel Islands or Eire. Our delivery areas do include the Scottish islands, as well as Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.
If you haven’t received your goods within 10 working days of placing your order, contact our Customer Experience Team on 0191 491 0855 or email email@example.com.
Can I add to my order after it's been placed?
Unfortunately not. If you'd like to order more of our products after placing an initial order that's wonderful, but you will need to place another order to do so.
Can I collect my order?
You certainly can! Our head office in Gateshead is open for COVID-safe collections.
How our socially distanced click and collect works:
- Browse hundreds of fair trade food, drink and fashion products online
- Place your order online and select ‘collection’ for delivery
- Wait 24 hours
- Head to Traidcraft (Kingsway, NE11 0NE) and ring the bell at the side door on the left of the building (named Bay 2)
- Step back into the circle
- One of our friendly warehouse team will place your parcel on the edge of the collection bay and will step two metres back into the building
- You pick up your parcel of fair trade goodies!
When Can I Collect?
- Mon-Thur: 07h30 – 17h00
- Fri: 07h30 – 14h30
- Sat-Sun: Closed
- *Please note that if you are collecting between 16:00 and 17:00 Mon - Thurs, please come to main reception at the front and ring the bell (rather than Bay 2)
What if I need to return something?
We take every care to ensure your order arrives in the best condition, however, should an item be damaged in transit or there is a problem with your order, please contract our Sales Support Team within 48 hours of delivery on 0191 491 0855.
If you wish to return an item for a refund or an exchange, please do so within 28 days of receipt. We are only able to accept items that have not been worn, altered and they’re still in their original packaging. Please note goods are returned and exchanged at your own expense except when damaged or faulty.
When contacting us regarding a product that needs to be returned due to damage or fault, please send a photograph via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Traidcraft guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
In the interests of Hygiene, the following items are non-refundable unless faulty:
- Cosmetics from the Upcircle beauty range.
- Underwear/lingerie, hosiery and swimwear unless the item is clearly unopened.
- Hats and hair accessories unless unworn and the tags still in place.
- Pierced earrings and pierced body jewellery - we are unable to refund or exchange any pierced jewellery.
- Quilts, duvets, pillows and bedding unless the original packaging remains undamaged and unopened.
- Toiletries, feminine hygiene products and towels, we will accept returns if they are in a saleable condition with unbroken seals and packaging, and only if supported by a valid proof of purchase (your despatch note) for exchange or refund.
- Food and Beverages, unless they are unopened with any seals and shrink-wrap intact.
Please send all returns to:
Nothing in this Returns Policy affects your statutory rights or your rights under any contract you may have with us.
Orders placed by 2pm take up to 3-5 workings days when sent with DPD & up to 7-10 working days when sent with Royal Mail. (please allow an extra day when this includes a Bank Holiday)