Quick and Easy Fair Trade Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe | Auntie Glad’s Refreshing Lemon Cake
This quick and easy lemon drizzle cake recipe is a doddle to whip up in less than 20 minutes.
Packed full of fair trade and ethical ingredients, this tongue-tingling zingy lemon traybake is great to make at short notice for afternoon tea or as a delicious alternative no-chocolate birthday cake!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (Makes approx. 12 pieces)
2 Large eggs
150g Self-raising flour
150g Unsalted butter (and a little extra for greasing)
1 Large Lemon
1. Preheat the over to 180 ֯C / gas mark 4
2. Grease and line a swiss roll tin
3. Grate the lemon rind into a bowl, and sift in the flour. Mix them together
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the lemon juice and fair trade caster sugar
5. Melt the butter over a gentle heat, and stir in the fair trade demerara sugar until it dissolves
6. Beat the eggs, and add them to the buttery-sugary mix
7. Add the eggy-buttery-sugary mix to the flour and lemon zest, and mix until you have a smooth batter
8. Pour into a greased baking tin and bake for 20 minutes.
9. When baked, remove from the oven and place to the side to cool for 5 minutes. Spoon over the lemon juice and fair trade caster sugar mixture, letting it drizzle deliciously down the sides
10. Leave to cool completely, and then cut into scrumptious squares
Easy peasy! Serve up this scrumptiously ethical lemon drizzle cake to friends and remember that every bite helps to ‘bake a difference’ (see what we did there?) Or eat it all yourself… No-one’s judging.