Queen's Platinum Jubilee Party Competition
We want you to design bunting and place settings for the Queens’ Jubilee in June. Imagine that you are at a street party or having friends and family round for something to eat. You need bunting to display proudly across your windows and or doors and wherever else you deem appropriate, and you need some fun elements to decorate your table. We want you to get creative with recycled materials.
You have two choices about how to create your bunting, place settings and anything else you want to add to the table. Alternatively you may want to co-ordinate it all. This competition is open to all ages and abilities.
- Design your own bunting using spare recycled papers. This could be sweet papers, packaging, news, and other papers, which you could collage to create something symbolic to celebrate the day. You may like to design areas for colouring in, creating your own patterns with themes celebrating the Jubilee. Some of your party guests could sit and colour in their own place settings as a result of your pattern creations.
- Design your own place settings using a range of imagery to celebrate the tea party. Inspiration ideas are featured below to get you started. How about placing your cup and saucer or mug on an appliqued cup for example, or a tea pot outline as a quirky novelty place mat or coaster. These are just two examples of what you could produce, but there is plenty more imagery to choose from and lots more shapes, patterns, and elements you cab create for your party decorations.
You could consider how to represent palaces, and motifs associated with the Queen’s reign on fabric, card, recycled and appliqued materials, buttons, stamps, stickers etc. to create fun place settings, which do not cost the earth, but use upcycled materials which are available already in your home. Alternatively, you may decide just to cut out a shape and design a pattern on it, for younger and older visitors to your tea party to colour in.
- Upcycle waste from packaging, ribbons, tags and produce your own colouring patterns on bunting shapes, which you or others can colour in, tie them with ribbons and strings. You can use felt tip pens, colouring pencils, inks, acrylics, tubes of paints, glue and work with others to produce collaborative pieces. We would like you to search for items you already have in the home. General methods to create work may include outline drawings for colouring in, collage, applique, stitch and embroidery, stamping, fabric painting, cutting, embossing and other methods.
- Royal Platinum Jubilee Weekend
- Celebrations Unveiled
- Garden Parties at Buckingham Palace
- Royal Collection Shop
- Search 'You Tube' for 'Crafting Techniques' 'Part Decorations' 'Party Bunting and Table Decorations'
- Flick through crafts and paper magazines and books
- View imagery associated with the Queen's reign, her vast collections of arts and designed peices, her travels, the fashions of her reign, her special garden parties, imagery associated with the monarchy, castles, gardens...
Competition Dates for your Diary
- Start creating now
- Open for Submissions May 1st
- Judging May 27th
- Results 1st June
Open to all ages and abilities. Get creative! By entering the competition, you agree to Traidcraft showcasing your entry on the website and/or social media if it is of exceptional quality.
How to submit your entry
- Photograph your finished product and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summarise how you made the entry and what inspired you in no more than 500 words
- You can do a one-minute film to describe how you designed your entry if you wish. Please convert it to a Mp4 file.
- Exceptional entries will be showcased on Traidcraft social media, as well as receiving our 'Highly Commended' sticker of approval.
- If you share your entry on social media tag us in. We would love to see what you are doing.
- Entries must be no bigger than 1mb . Please reduce your images and link to videos on external sites if they are larger.
- 1st Prize Exciting prizes from Traidcraft shop tbc
- 2nd Prize Exciting prizes from Traidcraft shop tbc
- 3rd Prize Exciting prizes from Traidcraft shop tbc
- 4 x Runner up Exciting prizes from Traidcraft shop tbc
- Highly Commended A digital sticker to showcase your work on social media to link back to our competition.
Traidcraft and some prestigious designers. The panel are looking for fantastic creativity, exciting reuse of materials, and fun imagery, which really celebrate an incredible acheivement.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to residents of the UK, excluding employees and their immediate families of the competition, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition. No entries will be accepted from third parties or organised groups.
- The ‘Platinum Jubilee’ competition opens on 1st May 2022 and closes at midnight on 27th May 2022
- Entry to the competition is free. Competition entries are made by attaching all the required elements to an email.
- The prize consists of a range of products from the Traidcraft Shop. Prize can be redeemed by calling customer services and placing order over the phone.
- The prize must be claimed and used by midnight on Monday 1st July 2022
- This prize is non transferable and non refundable.
- From all eligible entries received by the Closing Date, the winners will be chosen from the timetable above
- The winner will be notified via the email address supplied in the entry form.
- By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this Competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- These terms and conditions shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
- Traidcraft plc reserves the right to withdraw without notice this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
- Traidcraft and judging panel decisions concerning all matters related to this Promotion are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition and Data Controller: Traidcraft plc, Kingsway North, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0NE.
- Please retain these terms and conditions for your reference.
Traidcraft Products that are Ideal for Tea Parties