Organic September 2021
What is Organic September?
Organic September is a month-long campaign, run by our friends at the Soil Association, which aims to raise awareness of Organic products, and the brands, producers and farmers who bring them to us, as well as the many benefits Organic farming offers, including:
- Supporting biodiversity and wildlife
- Helping to combat climate change
- The highest standards of animal welfare
- Reduced exposure to pesticides
- Food as it should be, and food you can trust
In the face of climate change, diet related ill-health and widespread decline in wildlife, the need to change our food systems has never been greater. The way we farm and eat can make a world of difference.
In a post-lockdown world, more and more of us are becoming conscious shoppers, seeking options which minimise our impact on the planet and the people and wildlife who call it home. Shopping organic is one of the many ways to do your bit! There are so many ways to get involved, and so many wonderful Organic products on the market - there’s never been a better time to be a part of the Organic movement!
Get Involved in Organic September
Getting involved with organic is easy – and what better time to think more deeply about it, than Organic September? Here are just a few ideas of how you can get involved in the movement:
- Knowledge is power. Get to know what Organic agriculture really means and why it matters.
- Spread the love for Organic; share your knowledge with friends and family.
- Turn your own garden organic - use peat-free compost, and learn how to attract pollinators and utilise organic pest control.
- Recognise your power as a consumer. How and where you spend your money on food and essentials is more powerful than you could ever imagine. Making even just one simple swap to an Organic product is a step in the right direction!
If you'd like to know more and see the Organic September 2021 resources available, you can check out the Soil Association's website!