Lizy’s Fair Trade White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
We already know that our wonderful Product Developer, Lizy, knows her stuff when it comes to fair trade groceries, but what we didn’t realise is that she makes a mean cheesecake, too!
Walking into our last tactical meeting armed with a fair trade white chocolate cheesecake, Lizy had the whole team asking for the recipe (and for seconds!). For those of you who’d like to give Lizy’s cheesecake a try, she’s kindly given us the recipe so we can make it for ourselves. Smooth and creamy, with just a hint of crunch, Lizy’s simple to follow fair trade cheesecake recipe will soon be your go to dessert for any coffee morning or dinner party!
300g double chocolate chunk cookies
150g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to grease
400g Muscovado white chocolate, broken into pieces
300g full-fat cream cheese
300ml double cream
1 x single shot of Baileys (if required)
50g Eat Your Hat Chocolate (grated)
- Crush double chocolate chunk cookies in a food processor until completely ground. Add butter and blitz again until you have the desired crumbly consistency.
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm deep, loose-bottomed cake tin. Add the biscuit mixture to the cake tin and pat it flat. Leave to set in the fridge for approximately half an hour.
- Melt 350g of the Muscovado white chocolate in a heatproof glass bowl over a small pan of hot water on a low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 mins until barely warm, but still liquid.
- Whisk the cream cheese, mascarpone, melted Muscovado chocolate and remainder of the chocolate (50g - grated) – as well as the shot of Baileys if you wish! Add double cream and keep whisking until the mixture is just holding its own shape. Whisk until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture over the cooled and set biscuit base, then smooth the top. Return to the fridge to cool for at least 6 hours, until the topping is set. Finally, decorate with fruit and finish with a light dusting of Eat Your Hat chocolate.
If you decide to make this cheesecake at home, please get in touch and let us know how it went. We'd love to know your thoughts and see your mouth-watering pictures!
If you're interested in other fair trade recipes, why not have a look at the Fairtrade Foundation's Bake a Difference Cookbook - full of mouth-watering baking inspiration and yummy goodies.