Jude's Fair Trade Ginger, Chocolate and Mango Muffin Recipe
If you're after a fair trade treat to accompany your cuppa and lift your mood, why not give these Fair Trade Ginger, Chocolate and Mango Muffins a try? This recipe was supplied by Traidcraft's Star Baker, Jude!
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
150g light brown sugar
81g bar Eat Your Hat 95% Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped into small pieces/chunks.
225g self raising flour
50g porridge oats
2 tsp mixed spice powder
1 tsp baking powder
100g Tropical Wholefoods dried mango, finely chopped
2 balls of stem ginger, rinsed and finely chopped (or 2 tsp stem ginger)
1 egg (locally sourced if possible)
100ml vegetable oil
175ml milk (locally sourced if possible)
1. Line the muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan.
3. Place sugar, flour, oats, spice and baking powder in a bowl and mix together.
4. Add the finely chopped mango, chocolate and stem ginger to the dry ingredients and combine.
5. Break the egg in a separate bowl and beat.
6. Add the oil and milk to the egg and mix.
7. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. Don’t beat too much or the mixture will go tough.
8. Divide evenly into the paper cases.
9. Bake for 25 minutes.