Fair Trade Sweet Chilli Pepper and Almond Tapas Dip Recipe
The final recipe in our wonderful series from Just Trading Scotland is their Fair Trade Sweet Chilli Pepper and Almond Tapas Dip. If you’re planning an evening in with your feet up, this is the ultimate accompaniment... pair with sliced peppers, celery, carrot sticks or tortilla chips.
What You'll Need:
• 300g mixed peppers, sliced
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon Zaytoun Organic olive oil
• 100g whole, Organic almonds
• 1 large garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
• 3-4 cherry tomatoes
• 1-2 teaspoon Meru Herbs Hot Chilli pesto
• 1 tablespoon tomato purée
How to Make:
- Heat oven to 180 degrees (Mark 6).
- Toss the peppers and paprika in the oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- On a separate tray, roast the dry almonds for 8 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Tip the peppers, almonds and all the remaining ingredients into a blender - and mix until a smooth but crunchy texture.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with an accompaniment of your choice.
Please note the Hot Chilli Pesto has quite a kick; it is easier to add more when the tapas is made to suit your personal taste. The tapas will keep in the fridge for up to a week.