Fair Trade Chickpea, Raspberry and White Chocolate Brownie Recipe
To celebrate the launch of the highly-coveted Fairtrade and Organic chickpeas within our pulses range, our friends at Just Trading Scotland have supplied us with this delicious chickpea brownie recipe. Enjoy!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• 150g dark chocolate
• 150g butter
• 150g soft dark brown sugar
• 3 eggs, locally sourced if possible
• 120g Fairtrade and Organic chickpeas
• 4 tablespoons cocoa
• 150g white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
• 150g fresh raspberries
• Pinch of salt
HOW TO MAKE:
To make the Chickpea Flour: (Please note: this step requires a food processor):
- Blitz the dried chickpeas for about 3 to 4 minutes in a food processor, as the time passes you will see what resembles a fine, creamy powder.
- Sift the mixture reserve the fine flour and reblitz the rest, if you only have a bit of the grain left, use a coffee grinder and this will allow the last small grains to be milled to the fine flour.
To make the brownie:
- Pre heat oven 160c (140c for fan assisted ovens)
- Grease and line a deep 7" cake tin. If you don't have a square tin, a round one will do the job.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water, or on defrost in the microwave (short 2-minute bursts in the microwave is best, stir and return, stir and return)
- Whisk the eggs, brown sugar and salt until thick and creamy. This could take about 3 to 4 minutes. Weigh out the chickpea flour and the cocoa.
- When the eggs are creamy add in the cooled melted chocolate and butter and stir well.
- Add in the cocoa and flour and mix well together fold in the raspberries and white chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. It will come right up to the top, but don’t worry, the mixture will not rise.
- Bake for no more than 20 minutes otherwise the centre will bake, and you won’t have that mouth-watering gooey centre.