Fair Trade Apricot and Ginger Crumble Recipe
For an impressive dessert that won’t take long to make, but is sure to please even the fussiest of foodies, why not try our fair trade crumble recipe?
Prep time: 10 mins (approx.)
Cook time: 25 mins (approx.)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 800g apricot halves, drained
- 4 peeled, green apples, cut into wedges
- 10 Traidcraft Stem Ginger Cookies
- 100g butter, diced and at room temperature
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Custard or ice cream to serve (optional)
HOW TO MAKE
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens). Place apricot halves and apple slices in the bottom of a rectangular ovenproof dish. Put ginger cookies in resealable food storage bag, and using a rolling pin, bash cookies until finely crushed.
- 2. Mix flour, sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl. Rub in butter cubes to make fine crumbs. Stir in crushed biscuits. Sprinkle biscuit mixture over the fruit in the ovenproof dish.
- 3. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes. Serve with ice cream or custard if desired.